About Japan Today
Japan is a country filled with innovative ideas and modern technology. The country is known as a leader in the electronic, automotive and fashion industries. Japan has a unique and rich culture that is visible in all of its modern cities The 13 major cities have a combined population of 28.9 million people. Tokyo has over 9 million residents and Yokohama and Osaka are next with 4 million and 3 million residents. Tourist are attracted to Tokyo for its modern as well as ancient lifestyle, but millions of tourist visit Kyoto to see its Zen gardens and temples and they visit Osaka for its diversity and lively attitude. Nara and Nikko still have a country atmosphere that invites visitors to step back in time and experience the Japan of past centuries. Kagoshima is the home of one of Japan’s most active volcanoes and Yokohama attracts visitors with its modern architecture and conveniences. The beautiful small town of Nagano appeals to travelers that want to sense Japan’s ancient heritage and Nagasaki is the home of the only atomic bomb museum in the world.
Regions of Japan
These are nine of the most important cities for the travellers.
- Tokyo - the capital and main financial centre, modern designed city of Japan.
- Hiroshima - is a port city.
- Kanazawa - is a historic city.
- Kyoto - is ancient capital of Japan, buddhist temples and gardens.
- Nagasaki is an ancient port city in Kyushu.
- Nara - with many Buddhist shrines, and historical buildings
- Sapporo - largest city in Hokkaido, famous for its snow festival