Restaurants in Italy: Where to Eat
Eating in Italy is serious business. Where to eat is an important decision that even the Italians argue about right before mealtime because there are so many restaurants that serve Italian specialties. Here are some of our favorite places to eat:
- In Palermo try the Antica Focacceria San Francesco which has been in business since 1834. It’s a great place to enjoy fresh pastry as well as a relaxed meal.
- The Casanova Restaurant in the Westin in Milan is known for its Mediterranean cuisine and lively atmosphere. The menu is filled with organic products and weekly specials.
- Cibreo in Florence has been serving great food for over twenty years. The cozy atmosphere and colorful dishes make this restaurant a culinary jewel in Florence.
- Right in the heart of historic Rome is Papa Giovanni Restaurant which is famous for its seasonal black and white truffles as well as for perfectly prepared home-style dishes.
- A trip to Venice would be incomplete without visiting Cipriani Restaurant. Classic Italian dishes like Carpaccio and Saltimbocca make this restaurant one of the best in Italy.