Choosing places to stay in Italy is always an adventure. Old converted homes and mansions, as well as luxury hotels and small family owned hotels offer visitors variety as well as entertainment. Some of our favorite hotels are:
- In Piazza della Signoria which is a bed and breakfast in Florence that’s worth visiting. The rooms have individual baths and the staff is extremely attentive. There’s a restaurant and wine bar next door and the view of the Palazzo Vecchio tower in the morning is a great way to start the day.
- Hotel Covo Dei Saracreni in Polignano a Mare is an incredible hotel that sits perched on the cliffs overlooking the sea. The restaurant in the hotel is not the best in town, but the ambience and the staff as well as the rooms are fantastic.
- Hotel La Bussola in Amalfi was originally a pasta factory. There’s a dock down by the water, so you can enjoy the Amalfi coastline.
- Hotel Straf near the Duomo in Milan is known for attracting celebrities and the jet-set. It’s the perfect choice if you want to be in the Milan fast lane.
- The Exedra in Rome is the perfect place to rest after a long day. It is a well decorated hotel that offers guests the opportunity to relax in Italian luxury.
See also Italy Hotels