What can be said about the beaches in Italy has been said for centuries. The beaches in Italy attract almost as many people as the beaches in Greece and the South of France. The Amalfi coast has the best beaches; any town along the coast if a perfect beach hideaway. Here are some of our favorite beaches:
- The sprawling beaches of Capri are accented by lemon trees and fields of fragrant flowers. The translucent blue and green grottos make up for the lack of sand in some areas.
- Sorrento is filled with jagged rocks and cliffs that turn off some beach lovers, but the shopping and nightlife make up for the crowded piers and its strange beach appeal.
- Lido is one of those white sands beaches that tempt travelers with exquisite hotels and romantic restaurants as well as waterfront huts.
- Fontane Bianche is located in Syracuse which is filled with ancient Greek ruins. It’s a popular beach for locals as well as for tourists.
- Taormina sits below the shadow of Mt. Etna. The white sand and crystal clear water offer visitors a great place to enjoy a day in the sun.