Finding things to do in South Africa is simple, but deciding which ones to visit first can be a daunting task. Some of our favorite things to do are:
- The Apartheid Museum in Johannesburg. The violent philosophy of apartheid is on display in text, audio, and film.
- Boulders Beach in Cape Town is one of those picturesque beaches with sandy coves and some mighty big boulders. The beach is home for over 3,000 African penguins.
- The Africa Café in Cape Town is one of the best places to sample real African food. The décor in each room is different and the service is first class.
- Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens in Cape Town is located on Table Mountain. It is 1500 hectares of beautifully landscaped gardens. The gardens date back to 1657.
- Signal Hill in Cape Town is part of Table Mountain National Park. Signal Hill was a lookout point for early settlers. Flags were hoisted at the top of the hill so the locals could prepare to sell their goods to passing ships.