It is dawn in South Africa and the sky is aglow in hues of purple and pink. Crickets and birds are singing the peaceful song of the African plains while large birds gather along the water’s edge, searching for their breakfast in the moist, sandy soil. The air is calm, creating the appearance of glass on the waterhole; disturbed only when an occasional bug touches the surface. Grasses and shrubs grow tall along the water’s edge, separating the dusty path from the cool water. The birds laugh, or at least it sounds like they are laughing as they stand fearless, no predator in sight.
Morning on the Sabi Sands Game Reserve in Greater Kruger Park is a peaceful time, both for guests and wildlife. However a vacation to this safari park offers a variety of choices for activity and adventure for individuals and families, guaranteed to create lifelong memories. There are several opportunities for excitement, or just relaxing, on your safari adventure:
[fancy_image path="public://delicious-meal-served-safari.jpg" align="left" alt="Delicious Meal Served Around the Evening Campfire" caption="Delicious Meal Served - photo Sabi Sabi (flickr)" image_style="quicktab-normal" lightbox="true"][/fancy_image]
- Go for an exhilarating game drive, guided by knowledgeable rangers, in search of plains animals. Sabi Sands is home to South Africa’s big 5 in wildlife - lions, leopards, elephants, rhinos and buffalo.
- Take a bush walk lead by a tracker who is well-educated in the details of the Sabi Sands Reserve.
- Visit a nearby village and learn the culture and customs of the area locals.
- Cruise down the Sand River on a barge, searching the banks for not-so-elusive wildlife.
- Enjoy a delicious meal served around the evening campfire.
- Take a refreshing swim in the lodge pool or relax with a massage at the upscale spa.
If you’ve always dreamed of a safari vacation, Sabi Sands Game Reserve in South Africa has everything necessary to make that dream come true.